Chief Marketing Officer
Three years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our creation was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere as “life-changing.” Since that time we’ve rapidly grown our business. FLEX started as a digitally native brand with one product, and quickly grew to a family of period products sold in top national retailers including Target and CVS.
The combination of stellar product-market fit and our team’s obsession with our customers has delivered hockey stick growth across all of our sales channels.
Now we are looking to make our products mainstream. We know that our products are positively impacting the lives of hundreds of thousands of people every day and we yearn to make an even greater impact on the world.
We are looking for an exceptional marketing executive to lead us into the next chapter of our Company’s growth story. Our new marketing leader will possess equal parts of proven executive leadership, humility, and a wicked sense of humor.
- You have a proven track record of scaling a consumer product business with multiple product lines.
- You exist to help improve customers’ lives, not with marketing fluff, but with products and information that solve their everyday problems.
- You understand how to harness the collective mind of the Internet to fuel awareness and adoption of physical products, no matter where those products are sold.
- You have experience working with national retailers.
- You understand the importance of a data-driven approach to building a new product category and iconic brand that sets a new standard for period products.
- You understand that results come from thinking differently and taking big swings.
In This Role You Will:
- Drive profitable top line revenue growth across both digital and physical sales channels
- Create the vision and strategy for marketing
- Own the budget, execution and reporting for all marketing initiatives
- Develop a hiring plan and efficient organizational structure; manage and coach an accountable, high-performing team
- Oversee the full suite of marketing disciplines, including growth/performance marketing, organic marketing, brand marketing, partnerships, PR, etc.
- Create best-in-class product launches for new products
- Activate our community of passionate customers to create a movement in the period space
- Collaborate with our digital product team to drive growth and retention
- Partner with sales, retail, trade partners and R&D on new product development, product launches and trade marketing
- Work closely with the CEO and Executive Leadership team to develop Company strategy and key decisions
Why Work at The Flex Company?
You’ll notice on your first day that your colleagues actually live our values:
1. Choose love over fear
2. Be you
3. Have a growth mindset
4. Optimize for trust
We believe radical candor is one of the best tools we exercise to help each other learn and grow. We deeply value the culture we’ve built together and equally value the fresh perspectives that new teammates bring. We are a high-performing team with hearts to serve our customers and each other.
We have a beautiful, sunny office with standing desks located in the heart of Venice, California.
We also have fantastic benefits including:
17 paid days off plus holidays (fully unplugged/uninterrupted PTO)
90% employer paid medical, dental, vision benefits for employees, 80% paid for dependents
Monthly cell phone stipend
12 weeks paid parental leave
$1,000 annual learning credit for all employees
Paid third party coaching for executives
Dog friendly office
Company retreats twice each year
Stocked kitchen: snacks & beverages