Do you love using data to do what others thought would be impossible? Do you obsess over customer research more than your newsfeed? Do you wish you could A/B test more things in real life? Then we have the perfect role for you.
The Flex Company is seeking a Data Engineer to develop infrastructure & insights that will improve our customer experience and drive sustained growth. This is our first hire on our Engineering team, thus the ideal candidate is a hybrid Data Engineer with a dash of Data Scientist. Your insights and recommendations will have a profound impact on all areas of our company, including customer success, retention, and product/engineering.
We have proven product-market fit, and are looking for an engineer who is motivated by the idea of building a data function from the ground-up. This role starts as an individual contributor and a successful leader will have a path toward building and growing their own team as we scale.
In This Role You Will:
- Create a data infrastructure for analysis of user behavior, experimentation, and targeted promotions
- Make recommendations for acquisition, involving segmented, tailored outcomes based on primary research findings and customer data
- Help Prioritize growth initiatives for marketing, product/engineering, and customer success to implement changes to fuel acquisition and retention
- Drive the company forward and have an amazing impact on financial performance and business metrics
- Lead cross-functionally (marketing, product, engineering) to achieve goals
- 2+ years / proficiency in Python and SQL
- 1+ years in R or other statistical methods and analyses
- 1+ year in a data engineering, data science or similar analyst role
- 1+ year in an ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years in an object-oriented programming language
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- A deep level of curiosity about customers
- Ecommerce experience and subscription sales experience a strong plus
- A great sense of humor
- Willingness to learn and teach
- Preferred: Experience conducting cohort analysis, ecommerce/consumer internet experience a big plus
EXPERIENCE UNPARALLELED LEARNING & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- We started FLEX because we wanted to create an environment where employees will thrive on our team, building a dream together
- You’ll join a diverse (gender, ethnicity), fun, senior team of experienced professionals who have worked in technology, healthcare, consumer products, and enterprise software across multiple functions
AMAZING LOCATION & ENVIRONMENT
- We are located in Venice Beach, CA
- Weekly happy hours
- Lunch & learns with top venture capitalists, marketers, founders/entrepreneurs, and other luminaries in the technology world
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company's mission is to create life-changing, body positive experiences through the products we make and the conversations we spark.
Our vision is to reimagine and deliver life-changing period products everywhere. Our first product is the menstrual disc™ -- the most substantial innovation in period products in nearly a century. Menstrual discs offer 12 hours of leak-free period protection and can be worn during intercourse.
Today women in more than 40 countries use our patented menstrual disc products, FLEX and Softcup. Over 250 million discs have been sold worldwide. FLEX is sold online, direct-to-consumer through a subscription service. Softcup is sold in all major drugstore retailers in the U.S.
Founded in 2015, The Flex Company is in Venice Beach, California, and backed by Amplify.LA and Y Combinator.
We are well capitalized, growing rapidly (customers and team), and have strong cash flow.