Founders Pledge is a charity that brings together a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to the most pressing global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. Our in-house research and advisory team helps them understand how and where those donations will create the biggest impact based on the latest evidence from the sector. We facilitate grants to charities around the world on behalf of our members and offer access to a global network of experts, at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively pledged more than $3 billion towards social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1,500 members, it includes the people behind industry-leading companies including Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, Farfetch and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Tech Director to work closely with our VP of Product to set the digital strategy and technical architecture for Founders Pledge as we build tools and solutions that help us empower entrepreneurs to do immense good. You will be working with one in-house full stack developer and leveraging the engineering power of our member’s companies, off/near-shore development teams, off-the-shelf SaaS products and in-house tools, so your strong software engineering skills as well as your commercial business mindset will allow you to make intelligent ‘build vs buy’ decisions.
As we move to a scalable, more digital product offering, we will be building tools and using software solutions to:
- Better understand our members’ values, giving preferences and feedback
- Engage our community digitally in a meaningful way
- Automate key processes such as pledge signing, onboarding and pledge fulfilment
- Enable our members to more easily manage their giving
This role will give you a mix of technical and software development – designing technical architecture, spending time building some of the tools and products yourself, including prototypes, and ensuring maintenance of our existing technology – alongside managing external development and product teams. You will also be pivotal in enabling teams across the organisation to be more efficient and effective in their work by providing them with suitable and well-designed tech solutions and fixes.
This is an integral role in our newly-formed Product team, and you will be a key sparring partner for our VP of Product as we move our product offering more firmly into the digital sphere.
- Excellent engineering skills - you’re willing to roll up your sleeves to build things yourself, from prototypes and tests to fully-fledged digital tools and solutions for our teams
- Commercial understanding and a product mindset - you understand how businesses work and how different pieces can fit together
- Experience managing or working with outsourced/remote teams - you have high standards and can communicate requirements clearly to external teams
- Proven leadership capabilities - you’re excited about leading from the front and building product and technical aptitude and processes across the organisation, as well as people and budget management
- Resilient and adaptable - you have a ‘can-do’ attitude, are able to react to new challenges as they arise and are excited to find tech solutions to solve them (even in unchartered territory)
Location: London (currently remote)
Start date: ASAP
Salary range: £60,000 - £70,000 (depending on experience)
Why work with us
- Help shape the future of strategic philanthropy
- Join a team of talented, mission-driven individuals
- Generous vacation time to let you recharge and refresh
- 2 days per year charity & civil engagement leave
- Private healthcare through BUPA
And when we're back in offices...
- A well-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, coffee, tea and healthy snacks
- Discounted gym membership and on-site massages
- Office dogs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.