Founders Pledge is a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. We then help them understand and elevate their social impact, offering bespoke philanthropic strategies based on the latest evidence from the sector, end-to-end giving infrastructure and a global network of experts, all at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised over $1 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1100 members, it includes the people behind industry leading companies including Wework, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
We are looking for a methodical and highly analytical Financial Controller to join our Operations team to take full ownership of our financial processes and provide robust and reliable financial control. You will draw upon your training as a fully qualified accountant to make sure that we are fully financially compliant and have a full set of financial processes for our internal operations across our UK, US and Berlin offices. Working closely with our Head of People, COO and CIO, you will have a significant impact on how efficiently we are able to run as an organisation.
You will also work closely with our Deployment team to ensure that our deployment of grants, receipt of donations and raising of funds is completed in the most effective and financially responsible way possible, and your experience handling high-value accounts will give you the rigour and capability you need to thrive in this role.
Reporting to our COO, you will be responsible for:
- Providing financial control and thought leadership across the business with relation to our financial operations
- Managing our Accounts Payable and Account Receivable, ensuring that all invoices are paid on time
- Building and maintaining financial models and forecasts on an on-going basis
- Undertaking monthly balance sheet reconciliations and preparing monthly management accounts, including creation and loading of all journals
- Working closely with our external accountants to ensure payroll, employee benefits, and statutory reporting are completed
This role is perfect for someone who has:
- Full accountancy qualifications (ACA / ACCA)
- Excellent practical experience working within the finance function of a small to medium sized business, ideally in a fast-paced startup environment
- First class Excel and modelling skills
- Previous experience using Xero
- Strong numerical skills and an ability to translate the needs of the business into financial processes
- A strong sense of dependability and attention to detail, with an excellent attitude towards getting the job done
- Knowledge of charity-sector specific reporting responsibilities
- Strong understanding of reporting and compliance for UK, US and German entities, with a view to expansion in the future
- Generous vacation time
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare
- Team socials and retreats
- Well stocked kitchen
- Tax-free commuting
- Discounted gym membership
- Office dog(s)!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.