VP of Growth
Founders Pledge is a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. We then help them understand and elevate their social impact, offering bespoke philanthropic strategies based on the latest evidence from the sector, end-to-end giving infrastructure and a global network of experts, all at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised over $1 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1100 members, it includes the people behind industry leading companies including Wework, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and talented VP of Growth to help us translate the initial traction we have built in growing our membership into long-lasting and self-sustaining growth. This is a new role in the organization and is key to hacking our growth as we move into a new phase of expansion. Your experience as a seasoned sales or growth executive will give you the tools you need to help us professionalize, standardize and level-up our sales and engagement processes.
You will be an integral member of the Founders Pledge team developing growth strategies with the executive team and board of directors, and you will also be an important link between our sales teams in London, Europe, New York and San Francisco, acting as a thought leader and line manager across the sales function. You will also be able to leverage our internal marketing and events teams, working closely with our Head of Marketing and Events Director, to ensure that we are reaching our growth potential with all outward-facing activities.
Your ability to build on our current processes to create a world-class growth function will help you thrive in this role. You will be able to draw on your experience of successes and failures and apply this to growing our global community of mission- and value-aligned entrepreneurs committed to doing immense good.
Reporting to our COO and working closely with our President, you will be responsible for:
- Creating a standardized outreach for current and future pledgers and partners, coordinating its implementation across sales channels and pledger management
- Establishing both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue/pledge forecasting
- Developing and implementing robust sales management processes including pipeline, account planning, and proposals
- Monitoring the revenue/pledge pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable and long-term growth, tracking the cycle from pledge acquisition to engagement to success
- Developing reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual and multi-year budgets
- Providing thought leadership across our UK and US sales teams, training our team members in Sales and Account Management best practices
- Collaborating with marketing to ensure that our growth funnel is aligned from top to bottom
- Driving a ‘lean startup’ style environment of constant experimentation within our sales and growth processes
This role is perfect for someone who has:
- Deep understanding of how to establish and maintain excellent relationships with founders and C-level executives of key target clients and channel partners
- Proven experience of scaling revenues rapidly in 50-1000+ employee companies
- Demonstrable skills in building lasting relationships with UHNW, Top Tier and Fortune 500 firms
- Previous experience growing, training and line managing a sales team, including developing sales strategies and matrices for analysing sales performance
- Significant and practical direct sales experience as well as enterprise/relationship sales experience, with plenty of stories of what worked and what didn’t
- Strong numerical and financial skills, including the ability to work with and create budgets and models
The Good Stuff
- Tiered holiday structure, starting at 20 days (plus company-wide vacation over Christmas and New Year)
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan - 100% covered by Founders Pledge
- 401k plan with employer matching up to 3%
- Transit benefits
- FSA plans available
- Life insurance
- Gym and citibike reimbursements
- Monthly team outings and meals
- Puppy friendly office!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.