The Picnic Basket
The Picnic Basket is fast paced, and dedicated to simple, delicious food and treats, sourced from local farmers, foragers and food artisans. We are looking for a General Manager who will manage operations for our cafe and commissary kitchen. This position entails managing communication between the cafe, commissary kitchen and upper management, directing operations for both locations, preparing for expansion to new locations, executing initiatives which improve labor cost, food cost, efficiency, and training while maintaining our high standards of service and product quality.
At The Glass Jar, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Glass Jar believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool
- Able to work 40+ hours a week consistently.
- Able to work late nights, weekends and holidays.
- Skilled in communication, problem solving, and prioretizing.
- Demonstrated success and desire to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment.
- Can juggle multiple tasks while being detail oriented.
- Management experience in a food service establishment as a Manager or General Manager.
- Interest in managing shops that strive to be a nexus for community and local, sustainable food.
- Interest or current participation in the local food movement.
- Competitive Compensation
- Constant Opportunities for Advancement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Company Outings & Gatherings
- Discounts at Select Local Businesses