The Penny Ice Creamery
The Penny Ice Creamery is the only Ice Cream Shop in Santa Cruz that makes ice cream totally from scratch using local and organic ingredients. As a Shift Leader, you will provide excellent customer service by scooping ice cream, making specials like sundaes and shakes, making tea and espresso drinks, and maintaining the shop. In addition to providing excellent service, you will be a leader for other staff as their first point of contact. You are responsible for maintaining the flow and presentation of the shop and holding everyone to our high standards of service and product quality.
At The Glass Jar, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Glass Jar believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, prioritize and lead a team
- Must have availability on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work at least 20 hours a week.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience in leadership.
- Competitive Compensation
- Constant Opportunities for Advancement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits for Full Time employees
- Company Outings & Gatherings
- Discounts at Select Local Businesses