The Picnic Basket
The Picnic Basket is a Cafe located close to Santa Cruz's Beach Boardwalk. We are fast paced, and dedicated to simple, delicious food and treats, sourced from local farmers, foragers and food artisans. We are looking for people who believe in our mission of bringing amazing locally sourced food to the public and delivering excellent customer service. As a prep cook, you will be working in our commissary kitchen which is located at Assembly Restaurant. As a Prep Cook you will be preparing locally sourced ingredients for service and transporting them to The Picnic Basket.
- Valid California Driver's License and clean driving record
- Experience in food prep for a high volume establishment
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active and work autonomously
- Desire to learn more about locally sourced food and sustainable business
- Available for at least 20 hours a week
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Competitive Compensation
- Constant Opportunities for Advancement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Company Outings & Gatherings
- Discounts at Select Local Businesses
This position will be open in late February 2017.