Ice Cream Maker / Pastry Assistant
The Penny Ice Creamery
The Penny Ice Creamery is the only Ice Cream Shop in Santa Cruz that makes ice cream totally from scratch using local and organic ingredients. We use unique, seasonal flavors made with local and organic ingredients.
This position is responsible for preparing all of the ingredients that go into our ice cream, and eventually spinning and pasteurizing the ice cream. This includes cracking eggs, making syrups, jams, preparing fruit and vegetables. Once you have shown your prep abilities then we will be able to train you to spin ice cream using our Emrey Thompson Spinner (made in this USA!). One you master this, then we would be able to train you to pasteurize and help you get your pasteurization license. Anyone with a current pasteurization license is encouraged to apply.
- Preferably at least one year experience with food prep or line work, but we will train the right person
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, multi-task, prioritize and communicate effectively
- Desire to learn more about locally sourced food and sustainable business
- Available for at least 20 hours a week (working hours are typically Tuesday - Saturday 8:00AM - 5:00PM)
- Able to lift 50lbs repeatedly (making ice cream is a lot of heavy lifting)w
- Competitive Compensation
- Constant Opportunities for Advancement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits for Full Time employees
- Company Outings & Gatherings
- Discounts at Select Local Businesses
This position will be available in late February 2017.