New York Press Secretary
New York /
Executive – Communications /
Full-Time, Cycle Based
House Majority PAC is an organization designed to hold Republicans accountable and help elect more House Democrats. House Majority PAC is committed to building a long-term organization that can take on the Republican outside groups in the battle for the House Majority.
Primary Purpose: Regional Press Secretary will develop relationships with New York media in targeted congressional districts and will work to write press releases and statements, pitch stories, and work with researchers to develop an aggressive rapid response operation. To apply, please submit a resume and brief writing sample.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson and media contact for HMP across several congressional districts
- Draft press releases, statements, and opposition research pitches
- Develop relationships with local media in targeted congressional districts
- Collaborate with HMP research team on rapid response opportunities
- Work with local partners and campaign to amplify media coverage of events and breaking news
- Coordinate with full communications team to advance HMP’s goals
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting Democratic values and causes
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2 cycles of campaign, official, or advocacy communications experience
- On-the-record experience preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic and ability to take ownership of wide-ranging responsibilities; ability to work independently and proactively
- Strong writing skills and stellar proofreading
- Relationships with key political reporters and stakeholders
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to press needs
- Comfortable working in collaborative, team environment
- Grace under pressure
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities; ability to work independently and proactively
- Experience with New York press preferred
SALARY: starting at $75,000 annualized, commensurate with experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, transportation reimbursement, cell-phone reimbursement, and 401k benefits program with employer match up to 4% monthly.
House Majority PAC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving our goals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.