Washington, DC /
Executive – Communications /
House Majority PAC is an independent-expenditure only committee (often called a “Super PAC”) that is designed to hold Republicans accountable and help protect the Democratic House Majority. House Majority PAC is committed to building a long-term organization that can take on the Republican outside groups in the battle for the House Majority.
Working with the Executive Team, the Press Secretary oversees the press operation. The Press Secretary builds a coherent and consistent message strategy both at national and district level, maximizing HMP’s paid communications program in the earned space. The Press Secretary works with senior staff and partner organizations to collaborate and coordinate most effectively headed into November 2022 general election.
- Oversee entire press operation
- Develop and implement communications plan
- Serve as chief on-the-record spokesperson for HMP
- Act as primary point of contact for media on both proactive and reactive press opportunities
- Build relationships with key reporters and stakeholders at national and local level in targeted districts
- Furnish media with press releases and applicable background about HMP activity both at national and local level
- Work with senior staff to refine message strategies and priorities
- Prepare talking points and background materials for staff and surrogates
- Coordinate with communications staff at partner organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting Democratic values and causes
- Five years experience in communications field
- Strong writing skills and stellar proofreading
- Relationships with key political reporters and stakeholders
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to press needs
- Comfortable working in collaborative, team environment
- Grace under pressure
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities; ability to work independently and proactively
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, transportation reimbursement, cell-phone reimbursement, and 401k benefits program with employer match up to 4% monthly.
House Majority PAC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving our goals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.