Director of Candidate Fundraising
Washington, DC /
Executive – Finance /
Full-Time, Cycle Based
House Majority PAC is an independent-expenditure only committee (often called a “Super PAC”) that is designed to hold Republicans accountable and help protect the Democratic House Majority. House Majority PAC is committed to building a long-term organization that can take on the Republican outside groups in the battle for the House Majority.
Working with the Deputy Executive Director, Finance and senior leadership team, the Director of Candidate Fundraising will be responsible for raising money around the country for specific House races. This includes working with the finance consultants and HMP principals and other surrogates to ensure that finance goals are met. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, will have worked on House races and/or with Super PACs, have experience working with NGP and will have a minimum of three years of strong finance experience as a finance director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and drive a strategy to raise money from medium and large donors, including individuals and corporate donors, around the country.
- Write fundraising plan for each targeted House district.
- Coordinate and support fundraising efforts of multiple principals, including Members of Congress and candidates in legally appropriate ways and reaching out to their personal networks.
- Plan and support fundraising events- in person and/or virtual; managing multiple events at once.
- Manage principals' call time and travel.
- Write letters, proposals and thank you notes to donors and prospective donors, as well as pre-meeting briefings for principals.
- Conduct outreach to prospective donors, including sourcing introductions to prospects and cold calls.
- Write regular fundraising reports and develop tracking system for each targeted race.
- Respond to donor and prospect inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Desired:
- Proven track record in managing a major donor fundraising program, with particular emphasis on Democratic politics, super PACs, non-profits or foundations.
- Three years of experience leading a campaign finance team, including at least one full cycle of experience as a finance director on a top-targeted congressional race. Experience working with HMP is a plus.
- Ability to confidently make cold calls to prospective donors.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently but collaboratively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects successfully and work well on multiple deadlines.
- Intuitive understanding of social networking.
- Excellent customer-service skills, detail-oriented and dependable.
- Considerable experience managing multiple high-touch events simultaneously, both large and small.
- Comfort and experience with conducting considerable business by phone and zoom.
- Experience coordinating communications and branding strategy with fundraising efforts.
- Grace under pressure.
- Familiarity with NGP and MS Office suite, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree required.
START DATE: ASAP
TRAVEL: Significant travel may be required, when it is safe to do so
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, transportation reimbursement, cell-phone reimbursement, and 401k benefits program with employer match up to 4% monthly.
House Majority PAC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving our goals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.