IE Regional Research Director
Washington, DC /
Independent Expenditure – Research /
Full-Time, Cycle Based
House Majority PAC is an independent-expenditure only committee (often called a “Super PAC”) that is designed to hold Republicans accountable and help protect the Democratic House Majority. House Majority PAC is committed to building a long-term organization that can take on the Republican outside groups in the battle for the House Majority.
Regional research directors will be responsible for conducting and maintaining self and opposition research, identifying key candidate vulnerabilities to be used in polling and paid media, and fact-checking polling and paid media in a set of congressional races around the country. Regional research directors report to the Research Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fact-check all polling and paid media and write side-by-side documents for legal approval
- Work closely with political desk and consulting teams to identify research hits for polls, mail pieces, online communications, and radio and television scripts and ads
- Write self and opposition research books and memos
- Track assigned races on a daily basis
- Participate in regular meetings with consultants and senior staff as the research expert for assigned races
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the political field
- Experience working in opposition research for a campaign, committee, or Democratic-allied organization
- Experience fact-checking paid media preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible and adaptable as needs and priorities change; experience balancing multiple deadlines
- Strong work ethic with ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Sense of humor, ability to have fun, and an interest in working within a high-performing team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting Democratic values and causes
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, transportation reimbursement, cell-phone reimbursement, and 401k benefits program with employer match up to 4% monthly.
House Majority PAC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving our goals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.