New York Rapid Response Researcher
New York /
Executive – Communications /
Full-Time, Cycle Based
House Majority PAC is an organization designed to hold Republicans accountable and help elect more House Democrats. House Majority PAC is committed to building a long-term organization that can take on the Republican outside groups in the battle for the House Majority.
Primary Purpose: Rapid Response Researcher will be responsible for identifying key candidate vulnerabilities, developing pushback, and working with a communications team to develop an aggressive rapid response operation in New York. To apply, please submit a resume.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess, manage, and execute House Majority PAC’s research needs
- Work with allied organizations to ensure research needs are met
- Pull relevant news and video clips when necessary
- Track candidate voting records, schedules, and general activity
- Monitor news and identify offensive opportunities
- Write pushback documents
- Coordinate with full communications team to advance HMP’s goals
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting Democratic values and causes
- BA/BS degree
- 1-2 cycles of opposition research experience in a political or campaign setting (other relevant experience) and a willingness to move quickly to respond to ongoing events
- Strong work ethic and ability to take ownership of wide-ranging responsibilities; ability to work independently and proactively
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible and adaptable as needs and priorities change; experience managing to multiple deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Solid verbal, written, research, and interpersonal skills
- Sense of humor, ability to have fun, and an interest in working within a high-performing team environment
- New York experience preferred
SALARY: starting at $75,000 annualized, commensurate with experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, transportation reimbursement, cell-phone reimbursement, and 401k benefits program with employer match up to 4% monthly.
House Majority PAC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving our goals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.