Washington, DC /
Coordinated – Finance /
House Majority PAC is an organization designed to hold Republicans accountable and help elect more House Democrats. House Majority PAC is committed to building a long-term organization that can take on the Republican outside groups in the battle for the House Majority.
The Finance Assistant will play a significant role in supporting the finance team in order to help ensure the day-to-day operations of the organization’s fundraising are smooth and effective. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, have strong attention to detail, and be driven to help elect Democrats.
The finance assistant will provide fundraising support to the finance department and senior staff, with duties including:
- Assisting the finance director in the day-to-day fundraising operations for the HMP finance department.
- Maintaining an active donor database (NGP), as well as maintaining multiple outreach lists.
- Monitoring communications with donors and prospects to ensure follow-up correspondence is handled efficiently.
- Monitoring incoming support to ensure timely follow-up with donors, including thank you notes and calls.
- Assisting with tasks related to call time preparation for principals and tracking call time results.
- Assisting in the development and execution of all fundraising events, including tracking RSVPs.
- Preparing donor meeting notes and event materials.
- Ensuring that required fundraising documentation is properly recorded and saved.
- Managing ongoing donor research projects for corporate membership and major donor targets.
- Assisting in preparing briefing materials for events, meetings, travel, and presentations.
- Other special projects, assignments, and duties assigned by the Finance Director.
- Maintaining ownership of the finance calendar, including upcoming fundraisers, travel, and other events.
- Scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Organizing and coordinating travel logistics, itineraries, and agendas.
- Proactively brainstorming and implementing more efficient methods for tracking and recording information.
- Keeping the finance team on track with relevant commitments, calendar obligations, and weekly to-do lists.
- Taking organized notes in all meetings to assist the department in staying on track.
- Continually and proactively identify areas for additional support aligning with organizational needs.
As well as key administrative and organizational support to the finance team, including:
The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and have, at a minimum, internship or volunteer experience working with Democratic campaigns, party committees, politically oriented non-profits, or Congressional offices. Additional job requirements include:
- Passion for electing Democrats in House races across the country.
- Must have a positive attitude with an eagerness to grow with the team.
- Previous campaign finance experience is strongly preferred but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to stay accountable to many competing daily, monthly, and quarterly deadlines.
- Professional communication skills, such as donor and principal management experience, are preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Google and MS Office suite, especially Google Sheets, Excel, and PowerPoint are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of NGP, ActBlue, Calendly, and Canva is a bonus.
- Willingness to go with the flow and pace of a competitive, large-scale campaign finance operation.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze, and synthesize information from various sources.
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills.
- Discretion and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's degree required.
SALARY: starting at $45,000 annualized, commensurate with experience.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision; with 100% coverage for eligible staff and 80% coverage for eligible dependents.
- Over 25 days of paid time off including; federal holidays, vacation days, and personal days.
- Monthly stipends for transportation and cell-phone expenses.
- 401k program with a 4% employer match.
- and more!
House Majority PAC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving our goals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.