Washington, DC /
Executive – Finance /
Full-Time, Cycle Based
House Majority PAC is an organization designed to hold Republicans accountable and help protect the Democratic House Majority. House Majority PAC is committed to building a long-term organization that can take on the Republican outside groups in the battle for the House Majority.
The Finance Assistant will play a significant role in support of the finance team to ensure the day-to-day operations of the organization’s fundraising are smooth and effective. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, have strong attention to detail, and is driven to help elect Democrats.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The finance assistant will provide fundraising support to the finance team and senior staff.
- Monitoring communications with donors and prospects to ensure all deliverable and follow-up correspondences are handled efficiently.
- Maintaining an active donor database (NGP), as well as maintaining and managing multiple outreach lists.
- Monitoring incoming support to ensure timely follow-up with donors, including thank you notes and calls.
- Ensuring that required fundraising documentation is properly recorded and saved.
- Proactively brainstorming new ideas for the identification, cultivation, and maintenance of new prospects and helping implement more efficient methods for tracking and recording information.
- Assisting in the preparation of briefing materials for events, meetings, travel and presentations.
- Selecting events venues and tracking RSVPs.
- Helping prepare call sheets and track call time results.
- Maintaining ownership of the master finance calendar, including upcoming fundraisers, travel, and other events.
- Scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Organizing and coordinating travel logistics, itineraries, and agendas.
- Keeping the finance team on track with relevant commitments, calendar obligations, and weekly to-do lists.
- Continually and proactively identifying areas for additional support in alignment with organizational needs.
As well as operational support, including:
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and will have one-year full time experience or at least two past internships working with Democratic campaigns, party committees, politically oriented non-profits or Congressional offices.
- Experience as a Scheduler, Development Assistant, or similar position preferred, but not required. Additionally, they will possess:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting Democratic values and causes.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership of wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain flexible and adaptable as needs and priorities change.
- Excellent customer-service and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Discretion and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive issues.
- Dedication to being a team player with the ability to keep others on track and informed.
- Familiarity with NGP, and proficiency with Keynote and MS Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree required.
SALARY: starting at $40,000 annualized, Commensurate with experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision coverage, transportation reimbursement, cell-phone reimbursement, and 401k benefits program with employer match up to 4% monthly.
House Majority PAC is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving our goals. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected status.