DATA & ANALYTICS MANAGER
Policy & Research
Reports to:Director, Polling & Analytics
The Manager, Data & Analytics will be responsible for developing a strategic approach for using and warehousing data at The Hub Project. This is a new role and the position will develop a plan for working with our existing data, and work with our communications, digital, research and policy, and campaigns teams to develop plans to measure our impact. In this role, you will be responsible for strategizing how to best incorporate measurement, testing, and tracking into the variety of issue advocacy campaigns we run and working with the polling and analytics team’s Director and Associate Director to operationalize program measurement.
As the Manager, Data & Analytics, you will…
· Be responsible for identifying, processing, and analyzing political, digital, and advertising vendors and new data to meet the organization’s goals.
· Use data and research to tell stories through dashboards, presentations, and reports.
· Identify needed investments in data infrastructure by working across campaigns and internal teams.
· Stabilize ETL process from The Hub Project’s network of vendors into a centralized database.
· Develop dashboards that report key metrics to different decision-makers.
· Represent The Hub Project in the political data analytics community.
· Manage an associate in conjunction with the Associate Director, Polling & Analytics, to accomplish the above.
· You’re committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
· You have experience in data science, analytics, or statistics. You have strong statistical programming skills, with a preference for and ability to quickly learn R, Python, and SQL.
· You have previous project and people management experience.
· You are familiar with political data infrastructure and can make recommendations on research methods, implement or coordinate implementation with analytics vendors, and provide strategic guidance.
· You have experience working with voter files, particularly TargetSmart or Catalist.
· You have data visualization experience, can help maintain security of data across the organization.
· You have basic modeling skills and have a creative approach to problem solving and campaign tactics.
· You’re a pro at multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment. You’re well-organized and enjoy helping others achieve common goals.
· You have a sense of humor and are intellectually curious.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click down below. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers:
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.