Washington, D.C /
Policy & Research /
Reports to: Director of Policy & Research
Location: Washington D.C.
Status: Full time; Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
We’re looking for a Research Manager to join the dynamic and growing Policy and Research Team here at The Hub Project. The Research Manager will work closely with the Director of Policy and Research, and team, to engage on issue advocacy in a manner that furthers The Hub Project’s mission and values. Our team produces persuasive, effective research and policy materials that power and strengthen The Hub’s issue advocacy campaigns, all of which are dedicated to producing a more just and inclusive economy and society.
As Research Manager, you will:
· Work with the Director of Policy & Research to provide interdepartmental support to generate and execute research products that complement and advance our issue advocacy campaigns.
· Develop and produce timely, effective, and persuasive research materials that advance our core mission and serve the needs of our advocacy campaigns.
· Craft everything from internal analyses to products for public release.
· Produce rapid-response materials when breaking news and/or unexpected events affect our campaigns.
· Generate ideas for research and policy products that advance our argument and support our goals.
· Think creatively about ways to translate sometimes dense policy into digestible and useful products for internal and public distribution.
· Fact-check materials and ensure that all of our arguments are supported with solid evidence and advance our policy aims.
· Collaborate with Hub Project staff on other teams (digital, communications, campaigns) to anticipate and meet their research needs.
· Distill and translate partner research projects into tools and materials designed for campaign use.
· Manage research associate in executing day-to-day projects
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· You’re committed to advocating for an economy that works for everyone and centers justice and equity.
· You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
· You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
· You’re comfortable with data analysis and translating academic research jargon into plain (and compelling) language.
· You’re deeply familiar with the progressive economic policymaking community.
· You’re committed to racial equity and understand its intersectionality with economic justice.
· You’re an excellent writer and editor, with an eye towards overall quality, and have the ability to present to diverse audiences.
· You’re comfortable working under tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
· You’re well organized and live for the details.
· You’re able to work independently and manage multiple projects while also contributing to a team.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.