Senior Associate, Video Production
Strategy & Special Projects (Temporary & Term Assignments) /
About The Hub
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Position: Senior Video Production Associate
Reports to: Senior Video Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt; Temporary 12 Months
Salary Range: $55K - $60K
The Hub Project is hiring for a full time Senior Video Production Associate. This role will support the Hub’s campaign partner initiatives by developing compelling video concepts, managing production and editing content into formats optimized for a variety of distribution strategies. You will work closely with our communications, research, and policy teams to produce content that is sure to engage key audiences. The creative team is an in-house creative shop that collaborates with several departments in the organization. We develop innovative cross-platform content for multiple campaigns and work closely with digital, communications, and research and policy professionals.
We’re looking for someone who understands what kind of content performs well online; enjoys exploring new video styles and formats; maintains high standards for quality; and is a master at creating eye-catching visual content. The ideal candidate is someone who is good at juggling multiple projects simultaneously, managing their own time, and isn’t afraid to jump into our fast-moving campaigns and respond quickly to breaking news.
All candidates must submit a portfolio in order to be considered.
As Senior Video Production Associate, you will...
- Write creative briefs, treatments, and scripts for issue-based campaigns incorporating news clips and other media moments as well as personal storytelling from advocates, influencers, and experts.
- Coordinating content capture, managing production schedules / shoot logistics and editing schedules in delivery of daily digital video content
- Work with Senior Video Manager to establish budgets, deadlines, deliverables and processes for in-house and vendor produced content.
- Collaborate with campaign teams and other internal and external stakeholders to pitch and develop video concepts for issue-based campaigns, advocates and influencers for distribution across a variety of platforms.
- Work with Senior Video Manager to catalog production releases, processing invoices and reconciling production expenses.
- Production duties may include but are not limited to:
- On location content capture including principal photography, interviews and b-roll at events and on field shoots
- Must be competent in the operation of DSLR’s, Cinema Cameras, GoPros, Lav mics, and Audio recorders
- Ideal candidate will be open to semi-regular travel to cover events and shoot content
- Rapid Response news clipping, editing, animating, and captioning footage into short-form campaign videos, GIFs and other video formats using Adobe creative suite
- Management of incoming video requests from multiple teams, production sheet and tracking the progress of various projects from ideation to publication (including tracking approval processes).
- Maintain trackers cataloging final videos, raw footage, performance analytics, talent trackers and equipment lists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You’re committed to progressive values and prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout your work
- You are experienced with Google Sheets (or Excel), Adobe Premiere, and After Effects.
- You have at least 2 years of working in a fast-paced production environment, including experience shooting on set and editing videos on short timelines
- You are comfortable with traveling semi-regularly for field shoots.
- You are extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical.
- You stay up to date on video trends and challenge yourself to execute alternative video solutions.
- You know how to meet hard deadlines and can both give and receive feedback.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy working with a team.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You’ve dabbled in animation, motion graphics, and typography
- You have experience designing for new brands or entities
- You’ve spent time working with the Adobe Creative Cloud
- Competency with drones and 3 point lighting kits or willingness to learn
**This is a temporary, 12 month position.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.