The Hustle is an innovative digital media operation that provides smart business insights and analysis to an entrepreneurial-minded audience. We are a subsidiary of HubSpot, a fast-growing software maker that helps companies build their businesses.
We're looking for an experienced research analyst who can help us uncover the next big business ideas and help our growing community of builders make better business decisions.
This person will play a key role in shaping our premium Trends publication, working closely with our team of analysts to identify market gaps and opportunities. This person will also help shape our go-to-market Guides that break down businesses and help people build successful companies.
The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing businesses; interviewing or collaborating with industry experts; researching public filings and surfacing financial information; and turning data you collect into actionable insights.
Must be an adaptable self-starter capable of thinking critically about solving problems for an entrepreneurial-minded audience. Candidates will be expected to create products and services that inform and delight our 1.5+ million-member audience, including our Daily and Sunday email readers.
We encourage applications from candidates who have succeeded in a startup environment and we welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds and with different levels of experience. For us, having a person with the right mindset and temperament is most important.
- An adaptable, can-do spirit
- Resourceful and self-directed
- Defaults to optimism, one of our company's core values
- Great brainstormer capable of generating big ideas
- Excitement about helping people start and grow businesses that change the world
- A consumer-first perspective
- Basic understanding of accounting and finance
- A demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends through original data collection and analysis
- Experience gathering and interpreting data from a variety of sources, analyzing it, and writing about it for a business audience
- Proven ability to move fast and succeed under daily deadlines
- Experience in a startup environment, where priorities can shift as the audience's needs evolve
- Personal experience starting or growing a business
- Understanding of friction points in building a business and ability to help builders overcome those
- Expertise creating databases and data tools
- Experience creating smart, static visuals
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Competitive pay
- Ability to work remotely
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly book stipend
- Team happy hours and gatherings
- A chance to help create and shape indispensable editorial products and services that serve a global audience
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Please briefly describe why you're a good fit for this position, your dream job, one project you're proud of, and 2 non-obvious trends you're seeing that you think our audience would find interesting. You can include your responses in this application or email them to our director of content, Brad Wolverton (firstname.lastname@example.org), with "analyst opening" in the subject line. We won't read your application without this information.
We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.