Contributing Writer (Contract Position)
About The Hustle
The Hustle is one of the country's fastest-growing media and information companies. We are a community of builders hellbent on changing the world through business.
We're looking to build our base of contributing writers for our daily email, our Sunday long reads, and our paid subscription Trends service. As a Hustle contributor, you'll be responsible for producing smart, witty takes on the day's business news and identifying and writing longer pieces that will create buzz.
What You’ll Do:
- Pitch and write daily stories (200-300 words each) for our daily email (Monday-Friday)
- Pitch and write original long-form pieces (1,200-2,000 words) for our popular Sunday email
- Pitch and write short- to medium-length pieces for our paid subscription trend-spotting service
What You’ll Bring:
- Background in and/or passion for business
- Ability to write in a compelling, original voice
- Passion for impacting the world through creative storytelling
- Deep familiarity with The Hustle's style and voice
- Ability to submit outstanding work on ambitious deadlines
- An eye for humor and wit
- Soft spot for startups, businesses, and pop culture news
- Coachability and willingness to improve
- Get sh*t done attitude
How to Apply
Please submit three writing samples and two ideas for Sunday stories that you think our audience would love. We'd also love to know about one project you're particularly proud of (click "Apply For This Job" to submit your clips/ideas/answers).
This is a part-time, contract position. We are committed to diversity and strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities.