Direct Response Copywriter
Austin, Texas or Remote /
Do you ever write something and say to yourself, damn, somebody should pay me for this gold? Well, then consider yourself wanted -- by us.
As a direct response copywriter at The Hustle, you’ll be an integral part of our growing team, by helping us to…
- Market our products to the world through email marketing, paid digital, and more.
- Create badass content for our advertisers, like Salesforce, Cole Haan, Noom and many more across the B2B and B2C spectrums.
- Onboard users of our existing products
To do this, you’ll collaborate with folks across our company, from Product and Growth to Account Management and Sales.
Daily activities include writing a variety of killer copy that sells (to existing and future customers), communicating with teams to ensure deadlines are met, and learning about how a fast-growing startup like ours shoots to the moon.
We’re looking for somebody who’s ready to hit the ground typing, loves a catchy headline, and “watches the Super Bowl for the ads.”
- Write a variety of copy each day for…The Hustle’s advertising clients in The Hustle Voice™ (not really trademarked), and The Hustle’s marketing team, from Facebook ads to email marketing campaigns
- Write drip sequences and marketing emails for the Trends product
- Drip sequences aiming to convert email opt-ins to paying subscriber
- Individual emails and promos in the Hustle daily to convert readers into paying subscribers
- Drip sequences to onboard subscribers trialing the product
- Supporting our growth team in developing killer landing page copy
- Collaborate with leaders across the business ensure copy is high-quality and high-performing
- Communicate with both Account Managers and Marketers to ensure deadlines are met
- You have to be able to write competitive direct response copy – this is a must!
- You have written, tested, and measured your results in a direct response environment
- Self-starter with a killer attitude
- Your copy SELLS
- Comfortable working with remote teams
- Speed -- we move fast, you need to keep up
- Ability to meet hard daily deadlines
- Defaults to optimism, one of our company's core values
- Analytical aptitude to analyze campaigns, A/B test, and iterate toward better results
- Experience writing for media or tech-focused brands
- Any ad-related schooling
- Excitement about helping people start and grow businesses that change the world
It’s also a plus if you have any Photoshop or graphic design experience and/or drumming proficiency -- our band is growing and we could use a percussionist.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly book stipend
- Team happy hours
- A chance to help create and shape indispensable editorial products and services that serve a global audience
The Hustle is one of the country's fastest-growing media and information companies. We are a community of builders hellbent on changing the world through business.
We support this community with business insights and intelligence, access to world-class leaders, and a powerful network to help our members grow their businesses.
We're changing how media companies build brand loyalty. As one of our early hires, you will help us chart the course.