Senior Account Executive
Austin, Texas /
Interested in impacting tens of millions of people’s lives each month? Are you a fast moving, driven advertising professional who dreams of working with a world-class team? How about selling an ad product that actually works?
If this sounds like you, then read on.
The Hustle is a media company that uses our voice to give millions of business leaders around the world the news and information they need to put their dent in the world.
We are completely changing how digital media brands build brand loyalty. And you, as one of our early hires, will help us get to where we need to go.
Here’s how it works
Each morning we send our daily business news email to an incredibly large and loyal audience. And, at just about two years old, we’re one of the fastest growing media brands in the country.
While we currently monetize our audience through large advertising deals with brands like Microsoft and Salesforce, we're now launching subscription products and services for our young professional audience.
It’s our belief that the future the CNN’s, Fox’s, and other media brands of the world (something we want to become) must have multiple streams of revenue.
This posting is for a Senior Account Executive.
At the core, this job exists to find and work with world-class brands who want to advertise with The Hustle. More specifically, you'll be part of our Advertising Sales Team, which is responsible for monetizing our email content at a world-class level.
- Joining our existing direct advertising sales team in Austin, TX
- The full sales cycle: prospect, pitch, close, and renew accounts
- Work with our Client Success team to grow and expand your existing accounts
- Meet and exceed the quarterly quota
Required Skills & Qualifications:
Here is the list of skills we believe are necessary for this job. Most importantly, we are hiring based on careful balance of relevant experience, cultural fit, and motivation:
- A history of closing 6-figure advertising deals: A history of closing 6-figure advertising deals and carrying a $1.5m+ annual quota. While we still accept smaller advertising campaigns ($10k-$25k), we're growing our minimum deal size and are looking for someone who can help us move the needle
- 3+ years in digital advertising sales: Deep relationships with agencies or larger brands (B2B or B2C): this person has a book of business that they've built over the years and can immediately bring value to The Hustle.
- Self-motivated and ambitious: We've grown quickly without any venture capital because we work out butts off. There are no lifestyle roles here and no easy days. We all work hard every day because we care about our mission and what we do is important to us..
- Ability to hit a quota: We view ourselves as a pirate ship. We're a profitable, independent company and control our own destiny. That means everyone must pull their own weight.
- Familiarity with The Hustle
- A desire to change the digital media landscape
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay and equity
- Health benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited Amazon books
- Weekly team lunches
- Team happy hours and outings
- Free access to our events and speakers
- Ability to make a real impact in our product, culture, and future of the company
- Working for a company with a highly engaged and eager audience (i.e. your work will make a difference)
Why work at The Hustle?
1. Work for one of the fastest growing media brands
2. Bold, Fast, Fun
3. We make our own reality
4. Be part of our fast growing pirate ship
5. Make an impact every day
6. Be part of a passionate and driven team
Want to join us?
Please submit your resume any other information you think we need to know that makes you the perfect fit.
About The Hustle
The Hustle gives 1M+ people a day all the business news and information they need to start their day. We're one of America's fastest growing media brands, known for our sharp voice and wild events.
Read more about The Hustle:
This interview with one of our users at our recent Hustle Con conference describes what we do well.
This article in Nieman Labs describes a little more about us.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role