Head of Product/Technology
New York, NY
Product & Technology
The Juggernaut is a premium publication for South Asian stories. We aim to diversify storytelling and tell ‘global untold context.' Our founder Snigdha Sur is a HBS/McKinsey/Yale alum who has advised the likes of Quartz, Amazon Studios, and BuzzFeed. We’re backed by great investors, including Y Combinator, Precursor Ventures, and Kevin Lin (COO, Twitch). More on us in TechCrunch here.
We’re hiring our first full-time product and technology role to help take us to the next level This is a perfect role to build or build upon product experience. Based on experience and milestones, the role could transition to that of CTO/CPO.
You will work with the CEO to define the product vision and roadmap. You will assess business and product requirements, and propose solutions accounting for scale and performance. You will also run A/B and multivariate tests to drive conversion, growth, and engagement.
In the first few months, you will focus on:
- a great product experience for our paid subscribers
- best-in-class analytics to measure product performance and user engagement
- growing our newsletter reader base
Who we’re looking for:
- You are an experienced software engineer with proficiency in modern web development frameworks
- You have strong product instincts
- You have an eye for user-centric design, and can improve UI/UX
- You collaborate well with non-technical teams and communicate clearly
- You write clean, maintainable, scalable code and develop, test, and iterate quickly
What would set you apart:
- You are familiar and enthusiastic with media, journalism, and/or South Asia
- You are creative, scrappy, detail-oriented, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are eager to grow and help others grow, and know when to bring in help
- You are independent, but also a collaborative problem-solver
- You can balance perfection with getting things done
- You are relentlessly customer-first
We started The Juggernaut because we were tired of reductive South Asian storylines. From paying writers responsibly to using fonts created by South Asians, we are thoughtful in what we do. We want to celebrate heritage but also challenge and unlearn parts of what we've been told. If you're someone who wants to join our mission of diversifying the content we consume, do reach out.