Head of Growth
New York, NY
The Juggernaut is a premium publication for South Asian stories. We're on a mission to diversify storytelling and tell ‘global untold context.' We’re backed by great investors, including Y Combinator, Precursor Ventures, and Kevin Lin (COO, Twitch). More on us in TechCrunch here.
We’re hiring our first full-time growth & revenue role to help take our subscription-driven business to the next level. An equivalent role is someone who’s thinking about a similar strategy for The New York Times, The Information, The Athletic, or Quartz.
Based on experience and milestones, the role could transition to that of Chief Marketing Officer or Chief Revenue Officer.
You will help us build and grow a thriving online and offline community, grow our subscriber base, and ensure best-in-class retention. You may even want to think through our newsletter ad strategy. You will work with the CEO to define growth strategies, channels, metrics, and experiments. As the first growth hire, you will have to be both open to trying new things and working toward repeatable processes and standards. You will also work with the tech team to ensure you and the company have the tools you need to enable growth (e.g., the right metrics/dashboards, user flows).
What we're looking for:
- You can easily draw insights from large amounts of data, think strategically, and just get things done
- You have strong product/business instincts and enjoy speaking to customers
- You collaborate well and communicate clearly
- You learn and grow quickly, especially in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
What would set you apart:
- You are familiar with and enthusiastic about media, journalism, and/or South Asia
- You are creative, scrappy, and detail-oriented, even in a fast-paced environment
- You may have worked on your school paper or enjoy writing in your free time
- You are not afraid of new situations and know when to bring in help
- You are independent, but also a collaborative problem-solver
- You can balance perfection with getting things done
We started The Juggernaut because we were tired of reductive South Asian storylines. From paying writers responsibly to using fonts created by South Asians, we are thoughtful in what we do. We want to celebrate heritage but also challenge and unlearn parts of what we've been told. If you're someone who wants to join our mission of diversifying the content we consume, do reach out.