DevOps Cloud Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada. Our mission is to “lead the leaders” -- our 10 million members represent the leading people in their companies, their communities, and their organizations.
- Deploying and configuring production systems, with a particular focus on ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability, and security.
- Day-to-day operational support of cloud infrastructure as well as internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Deployment and management of AWS-based services and infrastructure.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Take ownership of the infrastructure you build
- 1+ years of established track record in architecting and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on cloud/hybrid environments
- Expert knowledge in AWS resources including but not limited to VPC, subnets, security groups, EC2 instances, S3 buckets, IAM, Route 53, CloudFront, load balancers, cloudwatch, Lambda, CloudFormation (or Terraform)
- Have networking experience and understanding of network protocols, DNS, VPN and load balancing.
- Experience with Docker, and container orchestration with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm, or equivalent.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Hands-on experience with expert level knowledge of Linux/UnixExperience supporting service-based architectures with REST APIs, Spring, Node.js, Java, and Python. Have scripting experience in bash, Perl, or Shell
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components
- Talent at diagnosing and remedying serious issues promptly and effectively.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Work independently and take initiative.
- Experience solving problems with distributed systems including logging, monitoring, tracing
- Good understanding of technologies such as Kafka, Couchbase
- Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Kafka, MariaDB, Couchbase, Bash, Java, Clojure, Scala, Selenium, AWS, EC2, Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps