DevOps Cloud Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is the leader in $100K+ careers. We are a fast-paced, high-growth company, with lots of opportunities to build your career. Our mission is to "lead the leaders", and we do that for our 10 million members every day with news, tools, information, and listings for the professional market.
We are actively hiring in engineering, product, sales, and operations. We were the #1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017, and had our best sales quarter ever in Q1. If you're looking for a place with great colleagues, a great mission, and a great view of New York Harbor, apply below!
- Deploying and configuring production systems, with a particular focus on ease of configuration, reduction of human error, repeatability, and security.
- Day-to-day operational support of cloud infrastructure as well as internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Deployment and management of AWS-based services and infrastructure.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experiences with team members
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Take ownership of the infrastructure you build
- 5+ years of established track record in architecting and implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on cloud/hybrid environments
- Expert knowledge in AWS resources including but not limited to VPC, subnets, security groups, EC2 instances, S3 buckets, IAM, Route 53, CloudFront, load balancers, cloudwatch, Lambda, CloudFormation (or Terraform)
- Have networking experience and understanding of network protocols, DNS, VPN and load balancing.
- Experience with Docker, and container orchestration with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm, or equivalent.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Hands-on experience with expert level knowledge of Linux/UnixExperience supporting service-based architectures with REST APIs, Spring, Node.js, Java, and Python. Have scripting experience in bash, Perl, or Shell
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components
- Talent at diagnosing and remedying serious issues promptly and effectively.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Work independently and take initiative.
- Experience solving problems with distributed systems including logging, monitoring, tracing
- Good understanding of technologies such as Kafka, Couchbase
- Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Kafka, MariaDB, Couchbase, Bash, Java, Clojure, Scala, Selenium, AWS, EC2, Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps