New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Prepare and send invoices to customers for daily sales.
- Prepare customer payments for posting for checks and credit card transactions.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and enter invoices into Accounts Payable system for payment to vendors.
- Assist with the financial close by preparing account reconciliations, accruals, recording journal entries and maintaining accurate supporting documentation.
- Work with the External Auditors over the completeness and accuracy of the company’s financial records, according to US GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 1 to 2 years of accounting experience.
- Experience in US GAAP.
- Thorough understanding of accounting methods, bookkeeping and reconciliations is a must.
- Experience with month-end/year-end close process.
- Proven execution of on-demand projects.
- Assist with analyzing processes and controls, and identification of deficiencies and assist with remediation efforts.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized, detail-oriented and mindful of deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive working hours, in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and project management skills, are essential.
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company. Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- “Big Four” accounting firm audit experience a plus.