Editor in Chief
New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
We are looking for an Editor in Chief to spearhead coverage of the world of work and to oversee day-to-day editorial operations for our online publication, which has 9 million registered members.
Responsibilities of the Editor in Chief:
- Help set and define tone and feel of a new online publication
- Oversee publishing of all Ladders content
- Manage a team of reporters and freelance writers
- Manage editorial calendar and operations
- Collaborate across marketing, design, product management, and engineering teams
- Use data to identify areas of growth and development
- Oversee editorial workflow and process
Qualifications of the Editor in Chief:
- 5+ years experience working in the field of digital journalism
- Demonstrated ability to drive news coverage
- An ear for stories that will travel socially and get people talking
- Experience managing people, content, schedules, and budgets, ideally at a startup or other online publication that works with a variety of content and editorial formats
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of basic data and traffic metrics
- Fluency with modern news distribution channels (Facebook, Twitter, Google News, newsletters, etc.)
- The ability to take on the perspectives of others
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.