Social Video Producer
New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
The Social Video Producer will be tasked with researching, producing, and editing their own short-form news, explainer, and entertainment videos for social and mobile-first platforms. Candidates must have previous work that demonstrates and proves the skill set listed below.
Responsibilities of the Social Video Producer:
- Participate in daily editorial meeting, helping develop platform-specific stories and pieces about the world of work
- Researching, planning, and developing video pieces
- Procuring third-party assets, such as archival footage or expert studies, to supplement stories
- Writing script and headline for videos
- Editing, implementing motion graphic templates
- Conducting interviews with subjects in person and remotely
- Outreach efforts to help reach widest audience possible
- Produce regular Facebook Live broadcasts
- Stay abreast of content and technology trends in social video production and distribution and suggest new ways to implement these
Qualifications of the Social Video Producer:
- At least 3 years’ experience in video production
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Literate in social media and advanced experience in content creation and curation for social, especially Facebook
- Ability to identify, vet, and pitch compelling original and topical stories
- Experienced video editor capable of quick turn-arounds, with multiple projects on your plate at any given moment
- Effective communicator and team player who will collaborate with producers, journalists, and others to create compelling work
- Sharp writer able to effectively communicate story and information efficiently through on-screen text
- Working knowledge of integrating motion graphics and optimizing for social distribution
Please include a resume and short cover letter outlining your experience. Please also send a reel and/or links to your work.
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.