Software Engineer in Test Level II/Sr.
New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test, who can provide good test coverage and perform manual testing of code to help ensure our code is clean before we ship.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer in Test:
- Participate in the requirements definition, design and development of a robust, extensible test harness for the company's functional test automation.
- Participate in defining automation test strategy, structure and methodology in conjunction with agile team members
- Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- Execute and interpret test automation results.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues, assist with root-cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Track defects / issues, enhancements and prepare reports documenting test execution results.
- Drive metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Lead the effort to evaluate and select the toolset(s) to use for functional automated testing.
- Assist with the research and development of test automation best practices.
- Perform manual and exploratory testing as needed.
- In conjunction with Business and Software Engineers, responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
Qualifications of the Software Engineer in Test:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Bachelor's degree with equivalent experience.
- Is fluent in one or more open source GUI automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver 2.x, Watir or Frank
- Test automation experience in implementing one or more BDD (Gherkin, Cucumber, JBehave, RBehave, RSpec, Jasmine or SpecFlow) and TDD (NUnit or JUnit).
- Experience with backend integration testing.
- Experience working in multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac OS X.
- Experienced and motivated working with architects, developers, business project managers to understand and recommend how test automation will be utilized.
- Experience in analyzing and manually testing requirements.
Preferred Qualifications of the Software Engineer in Test:
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies.
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.