Software Engineer in Test Level II
New York, NY
Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world’s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites. The average Member at Ladders earns $149K / year, which makes us a top place for companies and recruiters to find their best professionals.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we’ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We’ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we’d love to talk.
We are looking for a Software Engineer in Test, who can provide good test coverage and perform manual testing of code to help ensure our code is clean before we ship.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer in Test:
- Participate in the requirements definition, design and development of a robust, extensible test harness for the company's functional test automation.
- Participate in defining automation test strategy, structure and methodology in conjunction with agile team members
- Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- Execute and interpret test automation results.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues, assist with root-cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Track defects / issues, enhancements and prepare reports documenting test execution results.
- Drive metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
- Lead the effort to evaluate and select the toolset(s) to use for functional automated testing.
- Assist with the research and development of test automation best practices.
- Perform manual and exploratory testing as needed.
- In conjunction with Business and Software Engineers, responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
Qualifications of the Software Engineer in Test:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Bachelor's degree with equivalent experience.
- Is fluent in one or more open source GUI automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver 2.x, Watir or Frank
- Test automation experience in implementing one or more BDD (Gherkin, Cucumber, JBehave, RBehave, RSpec, Jasmine or SpecFlow) and TDD (NUnit or JUnit).
- Experience with backend integration testing.
- Experience working in multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac OS X.
- Experienced and motivated working with architects, developers, business project managers to understand and recommend how test automation will be utilized.
- Experience in analyzing and manually testing requirements.
Preferred Qualifications of the Software Engineer in Test:
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies.