Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is the leader in $100K+ careers. We are a fast-paced, high-growth company, with lots of opportunities to build your career. Our mission is to "lead the leaders", and we do that for our 10 million members every day with news, tools, information, and listings for the professional market.
We are actively hiring in engineering, product, sales, and operations. We were the #1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017, and had our best sales quarter ever in Q1. If you're looking for a place with great colleagues, a great mission, and a great view of New York Harbor, apply below!
We are looking for a talented Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team. The Business Intelligence Engineer will participate in business analytics, providing ad-hoc and automated reporting, data modeling and data visualization. In this highly visible position, you will work with various team members from different departments including Data Science, Marketing, Product, and Engineering. In order to succeed, you will need to be comfortable juggling several projects at once and with the occasional quick turn around. You will play a central role to help business make data driven decisions.
- Interact with Business to gather requirements, prepare technical and functional specifications
- Design and build analytics and reporting solutions for production and business
- Design, develop, and maintain reports, dashboards, and self-service BI tools for business users
- Maintain high availability of data warehouse and reporting infrastructure
- BS or MS in a quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience with SQL development and relational databases (MS SQL Server, Postgres, Redshift)
- 5+ years of experience developing analytics solutions (Tableau)
- Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting automation tools (SSIS)
- Experience with building/deploying complex ETL pipelines.
- Experience with scripting languages (R, Python, C#)
- Proficiency with predictive analytics, statistical modeling, data visualization and machine learning.