Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world’s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites. The average Member at Ladders earns $149K / year, which makes us a top place for companies and recruiters to find their best professionals.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we’ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We’ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we’d love to talk.
We are looking for a talented Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to join our Business Intelligence team. The Business Intelligence Engineer will participate in business analytics, providing ad-hoc and automated reporting, data modeling and data visualization. In this highly visible position, you will work with various team members from different departments including Data Science, Marketing, Product, and Engineering. In order to succeed, you will need to be comfortable juggling several projects at once and with the occasional quick turn around. You will play a central role to help business make data driven decisions.
- Interact with Business to gather requirements, prepare technical and functional specifications
- Design and build analytics and reporting solutions for production and business
- Design, develop, and maintain reports, dashboards, and self-service BI tools for business users
- Maintain high availability of data warehouse and reporting infrastructure
- BS or MS in a quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience with SQL development and relational databases (MS SQL Server, Postgres, Redshift)
- 5+ years of experience developing analytics solutions (Tableau)
- Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting automation tools (SSIS)
- Experience with building/deploying complex ETL pipelines.
- Experience with scripting languages (R, Python, C#)
- Proficiency with predictive analytics, statistical modeling, data visualization and machine learning.