New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
We’re looking for a Director, Engineering to lead and manage multiple agile teams, and provide technical leadership to our business leaders.
Responsibilities of the Director, Engineering:
- Lead, motivate and inspire high-performance team to build robust and cutting edge technology.
- Instill strong software engineering practices in the team, including continuous delivery and accurate sprint planning.
- Provide technology leadership to business leaders on all engineering-related issues.
- Develop and enforce procedures, policies, and tools to increase overall organizational effectiveness.
- Lead and be responsible for managing design, development, and maintenance of all architectural components and standards in support of overall enterprise information and architecture strategy.
- Determine approach, scope, and time estimates for development; and coordinate all communication relative to development to business leaders.
- Provide product guidance by leading staff to research, resolve, and respond to users regarding overall product and technical issues.
- Plan and deliver development projects and product launches successfully and in a timely manner.
- Manage the hiring, development, training, scheduling and evaluation of engineering staff.
- Develop the engineers and managers on your team through coaching, mentoring, and performance management
Requirements of the Director, Engineering:
- BS Computer Science or Engineering; MS preferred
- 8+ years experience, with 3+ years leading Engineering teams with 10+ engineers
- Hands-on experience as a software developer prior to entering Engineering management
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and techniques.
- You know how to inspire others, and you have a network of people who follow your lead
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.