New York, NY
Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world’s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites. The average Member at Ladders earns $149K / year, which makes us a top place for companies and recruiters to find their best professionals.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we’ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We’ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we’d love to talk.
We’re looking for a Director, Engineering to lead and manage multiple agile teams, and provide technical leadership to our business leaders.
Responsibilities of the Director, Engineering:
- Lead, motivate and inspire high-performance team to build robust and cutting edge technology.
- Instill strong software engineering practices in the team, including continuous delivery and accurate sprint planning.
- Provide technology leadership to business leaders on all engineering-related issues.
- Develop and enforce procedures, policies, and tools to increase overall organizational effectiveness.
- Lead and be responsible for managing design, development, and maintenance of all architectural components and standards in support of overall enterprise information and architecture strategy.
- Determine approach, scope, and time estimates for development; and coordinate all communication relative to development to business leaders.
- Provide product guidance by leading staff to research, resolve, and respond to users regarding overall product and technical issues.
- Plan and deliver development projects and product launches successfully and in a timely manner.
- Manage the hiring, development, training, scheduling and evaluation of engineering staff.
- Develop the engineers and managers on your team through coaching, mentoring, and performance management
Requirements of the Director, Engineering:
- BS Computer Science or Engineering; MS preferred
- 8+ years experience, with 3+ years leading Engineering teams with 10+ engineers
- Hands-on experience as a software developer prior to entering Engineering management
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and techniques.
- You know how to inspire others, and you have a network of people who follow your lead