New York, NY
Ladders is a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth internet company. We're building the best data driven web and mobile web products to help job seekers manage, market and move-up in their careers and help employers find their next fast, reliable hire.
We’re looking for a Director, Engineering to lead and manage multiple agile teams, and provide technical leadership to our business leaders.
Responsibilities of the Director, Engineering:
- Lead, motivate and inspire high-performance team to build robust and cutting edge technology.
- Instill strong software engineering practices in the team, including continuous delivery and accurate sprint planning.
- Provide technology leadership to business leaders on all engineering-related issues.
- Develop and enforce procedures, policies, and tools to increase overall organizational effectiveness.
- Lead and be responsible for managing design, development, and maintenance of all architectural components and standards in support of overall enterprise information and architecture strategy.
- Determine approach, scope, and time estimates for development; and coordinate all communication relative to development to business leaders.
- Provide product guidance by leading staff to research, resolve, and respond to users regarding overall product and technical issues.
- Plan and deliver development projects and product launches successfully and in a timely manner.
- Manage the hiring, development, training, scheduling and evaluation of engineering staff.
- Develop the engineers and managers on your team through coaching, mentoring, and performance management
Requirements of the Director, Engineering:
- BS Computer Science or Engineering; MS preferred
- 8+ years experience, with 3+ years leading Engineering teams with 10+ engineers
- Hands-on experience as a software developer prior to entering Engineering management
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and techniques.
- You know how to inspire others, and you have a network of people who follow your lead