Senior Front End Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world’s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites. The average Member at Ladders earns $149K / year, which makes us a top place for companies and recruiters to find their best professionals.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we’ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We’ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we’d love to talk.
We are seeking Front-end Software Engineers. We have an engineering-team-driven organization where teams are made up of very smart and talented software engineers, plus marketing, product, design/UX and data science professionals. You’ll work within a small, agile team of smart people while solving problems from beginning to end -- from product conceptualizations to engineering implementations.
We're proud of our engineers. Come be one of them!
Responsibilities of the Senior Front End Engineer:
- Performing regular maintenance and updates on existing websites
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-platform testing and debugging
- Work collaboratively with design & development teams on a daily basis
- Creating and updating internal documentation
- Updating blog websites to adhere to style guidelines provided by the design team
- Writing unit tests for automated regression testing
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Front End Engineer:
- 5+ years of and creating web apps that are consistent across all major browsers
- Experience with building highly optimized responsive websites
- Mentoring and providing leadership to entry and mid-level software engineers
- Ability to code detailed, functional pages from mock-ups in collaboration with web designers
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have, but not required):
- On the edge of front-end technology and methodology (CSS3, media queries, mobile-first design, progressive enhancement, web standards, best practices and writing clean, semantic code etc)
- A general understanding of SEO and what factors affect search rankings
- Experience in writing unit tests in Selenium, Jest or similar automated testing platforms
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Git and GitHub