Senior Front End Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders.com is a comprehensive careers resource connecting jobseekers, recruiters and employers. Our mission is to build the best data driven web and mobile products to help people Manage, Market and Move-up in their careers.
We are seeking Front-end Software Engineers. We have an engineering-team-driven organization where teams are made up of very smart and talented software engineers, plus marketing, product, design/UX and data science professionals. You’ll work within a small, agile team of smart people while solving problems from beginning to end -- from product conceptualizations to engineering implementations.
We're proud of our engineers. Come be one of them!
Responsibilities of the Senior Front End Engineer:
- Performing regular maintenance and updates on existing websites
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-platform testing and debugging
- Work collaboratively with design & development teams on a daily basis
- Creating and updating internal documentation
- Updating blog websites to adhere to style guidelines provided by the design team
- Writing unit tests for automated regression testing
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Front End Engineer:
- 5+ years of and creating web apps that are consistent across all major browsers
- Experience with building highly optimized responsive websites
- Mentoring and providing leadership to entry and mid-level software engineers
- Ability to code detailed, functional pages from mock-ups in collaboration with web designers
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have, but not required):
- On the edge of front-end technology and methodology (CSS3, media queries, mobile-first design, progressive enhancement, web standards, best practices and writing clean, semantic code etc)
- A general understanding of SEO and what factors affect search rankings
- Experience in writing unit tests in Selenium, Jest or similar automated testing platforms
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Git and GitHub