Senior Front End Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is the leader in $100K+ careers. We are a fast-paced, high-growth company, with lots of opportunities to build your career. Our mission is to "lead the leaders", and we do that for our 10 million members every day with news, tools, information, and listings for the professional market.
We are actively hiring in engineering, product, sales, and operations. We were the #1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017, and had our best sales quarter ever in Q1. If you're looking for a place with great colleagues, a great mission, and a great view of New York Harbor, apply below!
We are seeking Front-end Software Engineers. We have an engineering-team-driven organization where teams are made up of very smart and talented software engineers, plus marketing, product, design/UX and data science professionals. You’ll work within a small, agile team of smart people while solving problems from beginning to end -- from product conceptualizations to engineering implementations.
We're proud of our engineers. Come be one of them!
Responsibilities of the Senior Front End Engineer:
- Performing regular maintenance and updates on existing websites
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-platform testing and debugging
- Work collaboratively with design & development teams on a daily basis
- Creating and updating internal documentation
- Updating blog websites to adhere to style guidelines provided by the design team
- Writing unit tests for automated regression testing
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Front End Engineer:
- 5+ years of and creating web apps that are consistent across all major browsers
- Experience with building highly optimized responsive websites
- Mentoring and providing leadership to entry and mid-level software engineers
- Ability to code detailed, functional pages from mock-ups in collaboration with web designers
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have, but not required):
- On the edge of front-end technology and methodology (CSS3, media queries, mobile-first design, progressive enhancement, web standards, best practices and writing clean, semantic code etc)
- A general understanding of SEO and what factors affect search rankings
- Experience in writing unit tests in Selenium, Jest or similar automated testing platforms
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Git and GitHub