Director, Product Management
New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
We're looking for a Director, Product Management to lead one of two product teams, and help build either B2B or consumer facing web and mobile web products, and features on theladders.com. Products that have a real meaningful impact on millions of career minded professionals.
Responsibilities of Director of Product Management:
- Lead and manage a product team
- Own key metrics (acquisition, k-factor,conversion) for mission-critical products
- Define, debate, defend, iterate and communicate your product road-map with engineering, marketing, and the executive leadership team
- Shape vision, strategy and product road-maps, in support of our central mission to improve people's careers
- Lead a scrum team (PM, UX, Design,Engineering) and be accountable for their velocity and impact
Basic Qualifications of Director of Product Management:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, math or other related technical field.
- 8+ years in product management (web and/or mobile) with increasing responsibility, and your product has experienced quantifiable growth or increase in growth trajectory as a result
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing a product team
Preferred Qualifications of Director of Product Management:
- You understand how different user bases grow - what makes certain products engaging and shareable
- You can talk at depth about how your favorite app solves a unique problem, and why it’s ‘winning’ or growing
- You love data and can show us what insights about our users that we’re missing
- You're looking for an engineering team driven organization, where the "building team" (engineers, product, data science) make the decisions
- You take ownership, and want to be held accountable to measurable results
- You want to invent and build something new and innovative
- You believe it could be inspiring to improve people's careers!
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.