Senior Database Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world’s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites. The average Member at Ladders earns $149K / year, which makes us a top place for companies and recruiters to find their best professionals.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we’ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We’ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we’d love to talk.
We are looking for a talented Senior Database Engineer to join our expanding technology team. In addition to database design and authoring SQL code for our technology stack, you will be expected to dive into many areas including writing code in Python, Perl, Bash, and other languages. This role will work on systems in the AWS cloud where you may introduce new and exciting technologies.
- Quickly write high quality SQL code for OLTP systems.
- Write complex analytical queries on very large data sets.
- Work on the architecture and development of new data technologies.
- Develop reusable code according to established best practices and adopted standards.
- Maintain uptime demands on production systems.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a database engineering focused role working with various databases in RDBMS systems such as MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server, Sybase, or Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL DBs, preferably Couchbase
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures used in all phases of applications and systems development
- Knowledge and experience of principles of database design, data acquisition and data access analysis and design
- Experience programming in Python, and any scripting languages such as Perl or Bash
- Experience of ANSI SQL standards, advanced programming in different SQL dialects, query optimization, stored procedures/triggers writing, and database performance tuning
- Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation
- The ability to quickly learn and own new data architectures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with distributed systems such as Kafka
- Experience with Linux systems and writing regular expressions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Redshift, and other related systems