New York, NY
Ladders is a dynamic, fast-paced, growing internet company. We're building data-driven web and mobile products to help professionals manage, market and move-up in their careers and help employers find their next great hire.
We’re looking for an experienced VP, Engineering to lead and manage multiple agile teams, and provide technical leadership to our business leaders. The successful candidate will be passionate about building highly scalable web and mobile web applications that have a meaningful impact on millions of users.
- Lead, motivate and inspire multiple high-performance teams, approximately 30 - 40 people, to build robust and cutting edge technology.
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form strong teams capable of learning and growing.
- Define vision, drive team execution and oversee the architecture and engineering process, as well as being able to ensure alignment across technology, product and business stakeholders.
- Instill strong software engineering practices in the teams, including continuous delivery and accurate sprint planning.
- Provide technology leadership to business leaders on all engineering-related issues.
- Lead and be responsible for managing design, development, and maintenance of all architectural components and standards in support of overall enterprise information and architecture strategy.
- Provide product guidance by leading staff to research, resolve, and respond to users regarding overall product and technical issues.
- Plan and deliver development projects and product launches successfully and in a timely manner.
- Develop the managers on your team through coaching, mentoring, and performance management.
- BS Computer Science or Engineering; MS preferred.
- 12+ years of overall experience in software development, with 5+ years leading engineering teams with 40+ developers.
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and techniques.
- You know how to inspire others, and you have a network of people who follow your lead.
- Strong people management skills, proven success in recruiting, creating and motivating a strong performing engineering team.