Editorial Design Director
New York, NY
Ladders is the leader in $100K+ careers. We are a fast-paced, high-growth company, with lots of opportunities to build your career. Our mission is to "lead the leaders", and we do that for our 10 million members every day with news, tools, information, and listings for the professional market.
Ladders is seeking an Editorial Design Director for its new publication about the future of work, which features breaking news and analysis of everything related to careers, management, and the evolution of the workplace.
We reach millions of readers with our coverage of everything from innovations in corporate culture to the Millennial takeover of the office to stopping an Artificial Intelligence from stealing your job.
If it affects how the modern professional lives and works — we’ll be leading the pack.
Responsibilities of the Editorial Design Director:
- Set overall visual tone of Ladders’ editorial content, across the website, email, social media, and other platforms
- Art multiple stories per day
- Work with Editorial and Product teams to innovate new features on the website and in email
- Manage design budgets
- Help Ladders own the conversation around “the workplace” with high-impact visuals that travel well on social, and across other platforms (e.g. Flipboard)
Qualifications of the Editorial Design Director:
- Enthusiasm to document one of the most important and fast-changing aspects of American life
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, related to the duties of the position.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop required
- Knowledge and interest in editorial and product design
- Excellent project management and communication skills
To apply, please submit a brief cover letter, resume, and five links to relevant work.