Database Engineer, Level II
New York, NY
Ladders is the leader in $100K+ careers. We are a fast-paced, high-growth company, with lots of opportunities to build your career. Our mission is to "lead the leaders", and we do that for our 10 million members every day with news, tools, information, and listings for the professional market.
We are actively hiring in engineering, product, sales, and operations. We were the #1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017, and had our best sales quarter ever in Q1. If you're looking for a place with great colleagues, a great mission, and a great view of New York Harbor, apply below!
We are looking for a talented Database Engineer to join our expanding technology team. In addition to database design and authoring SQL code for our technology stack, you will be expected to dive into many areas including writing code in Python, Perl, and other languages. This role will work on systems in the AWS cloud where you may introduce new and exciting technologies.
- Write optimized SQL queries for always-on production OLTP systems.
- Write complex analytical queries on very large data sets.
- Work on the architecture and development of new data technologies.
- Develop reusable code according to established best practices and adopted standards.
- Maintain uptime demands on production systems.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a database engineering focused role working with various databases in RDBMS systems such as MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server,PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL DBs, preferably Couchbase
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures used in all phases of applications and systems development
- Knowledge and experience of principles of database design, data acquisition and data access analysis and design
- Experience programming in Python, and any scripting languages such as Perl or Bash
- Experience of ANSI SQL standards, advanced programming in different SQL dialects, query optimization, stored procedures/triggers writing, and database performance tuning
- Proficiency in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation
- The ability to quickly learn and own new data architectures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with distributed systems such as Kafka
- Experience with Linux systems and writing regular expressions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Redshift, and other related systems