Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
Ladders is the leader in $100K+ careers. We are a fast-paced, high-growth company, with lots of opportunities to build your career. Our mission is to "lead the leaders", and we do that for our 10 million members every day with news, tools, information, and listings for the professional market.
We are actively hiring in engineering, product, sales, and operations. We were the #1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017, and had our best sales quarter ever in Q1. If you're looking for a place with great colleagues, a great mission, and a great view of New York Harbor, apply below!
We’re an engineering-team-driven organization and we're proud of our engineers. Come be one of them!
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- First and foremost, developing software our users need
- Mentoring junior and mid-level engineers
- Collaborating with your team to brainstorm and create new products
- Growing our engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting, and hiring
- Making informed decisions quickly, and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve goalsBeing a persistent, creative problem solverRemaining cool and effective in a crisis
- Staying on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open sourceNot only understanding business needs, but also knowing how to create the tools to manage them
Basic Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer (front end and/or back end)
- CS degree or equivalent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong OOP and modeling skillsExperience working in an agile environment
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Knows the JVM and the ecosystem of supporting tools inside and out
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ready to have a great time!!