New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to achieve zero downtime of services. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
- Maintain and improve our fully virtualized production environment
- Day-to-day operational support of data center production environment as well as internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Provision and maintain servers, network equipment, storage devices, and other related infrastructure components
- Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
- Collaborate with your team to design and implement solutions to support sustained growth of our job matching platform
- Take ownership of the infrastructure you build
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with monitoring tools such as OpenNMS or Nagios
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Coding experience such as Bash, Perl, or Shell scripting
- Talent at diagnosing and remedying serious issues promptly and effectively
- Maintain strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a highly visible fast paced environment
- Be dependable and proactive in handling issues and tasks
- Worked maintaining 200 plus servers
- Multitask and keep track of various deliverables and their respective deadlines
- Experience with AWS, preferably EC2
- Experience troubleshooting
- Linux/windows administrantion or other relevant certifications relevant to a Systems Administrator
- Good understanding of database technologies such as MySQL
- A thorough understanding of Linux performance tuning
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Docker and/or Jenkins
- An understanding of metrics & alerts
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, Selenium, Jenkins, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Graphite, Cacti, Nagios, Icinga, Varnish, Redis, Akamai, Memcache, Bash, Perl, Shell, MySQL, MongoDB Kafka, Clustrix, AWS, S3, EC2, Site Reliability Engineer, Devops
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.