Chief of Staff
New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a highly influential role combining technical product strategy, strategic and financial planning, business management, internal communications, and cross-functional initiatives. The Chief of Staff enables full alignment within our leadership team, and helps drive optimal performance to accelerate growth.
This role is designed to be a 1-year rotation, followed by taking a line role in the business. Past occupants of this role have become GMs at Ladders, and have gone off to be GMs, Founders and CEOs at their own companies as well as Google, Ancestry, Yelp and Atlassian. This is a terrific launch pad for ambitious people looking for a 360 degree work experience.
We’re looking for someone with a technical background, but also familiar with a spreadsheet, product planning, and business management. A driven leader looking for the fastest, most challenging way to get full exposure across the business.
- You will be pivotal in helping articulate the CEO’s vision and track progress against company goals.
- Lead strategic opportunities and special projects on behalf of the CEO.
- Monitor progress of key initiatives and priorities by meeting regularly with managers to track results and challenges; Ensure that company commitments and priorities are being executed.
- Drive strategic cross-functional initiatives, projects, and commitments most important to the leadership team.
- Attend meetings and participate in projects with, or on behalf of, our Executive Committee.
- Facilitate effective use of functional meetings such as weekly Executive Committee meetings, All Hands, and monthly leadership offsites.
- Prepare communication and research for our CEO, including, but not limited to, company updates, presentations
- Meeting preparation and research: You will be responsible for providing research and insight for all CEO meetings as well as ensuring that all internal meetings have a defined agenda and objectives.
- Accompany the CEO to meetings, capture all information and manage all follow-up actions and communications (including any additional research to inform next steps)
- Coordinate company-wide initiatives
- You will work with the CEO on high visibility projects to better understand business and strategy
- You will partner with the CEO and Executive Team to determine and design company goals
- You will collaborate with CEO and Executive Team to communicate Company plans, priorities, goals and results to the Company as well as Board of Directors
- You will perform quantitative analysis to drive business decision making; provide thought leadership and analytical rigor to assist in important business decisions
- You earned a BS/BA and MBA from top tier school
- You have 4+ years of experience understanding, communicating, evaluating, and prioritizing business requirements
- You have knowledge of business / financial analysis and requirements gathering
- You have demonstrated leadership ability, excellent oral and written communications skills, including formal presentations, demonstrated ability in relationship development and problem solving, and a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- You have a track record of establishing organization plans and leading the effort to meet the plan targets
- You are a self-starter with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously and driving them to completion
- You have a successful leadership track record
- You are proficient in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets
We’re the leaders in $100K+ recruiting
#1 fastest-growing careers site this year
#1 in Facebook engagement among national career sites
#1 in highest average income among national career sites
#1 in $100K+ households
#1 in 25-54 age demo
#1 in 25-34 age demo
…are based on execution:
- Shipped Ladders News in 2017
- Shipped Ladders Resume 3.0 in 2017
- Shipped Ladders Referral Hiring in 2017
- Shipped Ladders Click-to-call Recruiting in 2017
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.