New York, NY
Ladders is coming off a terrific 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018. The results speak for themselves:
#1 fastest-growing career site in the USA in 2017 according to comScore. We grew traffic an astounding 128% and are back in the Top Ten largest career sites nationally.
#1 for Facebook Engagement among all career sites. With the launch of Ladders News in April, we dominated the world’s largest social network and beat Indeed, LinkedIn, and everybody else in our space.
#1 highest average income of all national career sites. The average Member at Ladders earns $149K / year, which makes us a top place for companies and recruiters to find their best professionals.
#1 Best-seller on Amazon: our career guides have taken top spot in Careers, Resumes, and Job-hunting categories on Amazon books.
Over the past year, we’ve upgraded our systems, people, business, and product. We’ve added new leaders who have brought new energy and new momentum.
If you’re looking for a fast-paced, growth environment, with the chance for significant responsibility and career growth, we’d love to talk.
We are looking for a Platforms Editor to expand the reach of our rapidly growing coverage of the world of work.
The Platforms Editor should be driven by the desire to create a modern distribution system for news and advice in the post-Facebook world.
- Grow distribution of Ladders content across platforms including — but in no way limited to — Flipboard, Pocket, LinkedIn, reddit, Apple News, Medium, messaging, Email, partnerships, and SEO
- Build and maintain relationships with major platforms
- Pitch major platforms on a continual basis
- Work with editors and engineering to maintain optimal presentation and voice of Ladders content across platforms
- Spearhead platform-specific editorial initiatives on major platforms
- 3+ years experience working in the field of digital journalism
- An ear for stories that will travel socially and get people talking
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of traffic metrics and tracking technology
- Fluency with modern news distribution channels
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, the latest social media technologies
- Outgoing and social by nature, with a team-player mindset
- Proactive, organized, and self-motivated