Lead Data Engineer
New York, NY
Data Science & Business Intelligence
LADDERS is a fast paced, high growth internet company focused on building data driven web and mobile web products that connect job seekers and employers. We're based in Manhattan, and we're dedicated to developing better products that help people manage, market, and move-up in their careers, and helping employers find and hire their next reliable professional.
We are looking for a talented Lead Data Engineer to join our Data Science and Business Intelligence team. The Lead Data Engineer will lead data infrastructure design and implementation, manage ETL development, and conduct data modeling and data visualization. In this highly visible position, you will work with various team members from different departments including Data Science, Analytics, Platform, and Product. In order to succeed, you will need to be comfortable juggling several projects at once and with the occasional quick turnaround. You will play a central role to help business create transformative data-driven applications.
- Build, develop and lead team of highly skilled developers and data engineers
- Provide hands-on leadership in building cloud-based data solutions for production and business
- Lead development ETL process to load data from various sources to our data stores
- Ensure high availability and scalability of data storage, processing and reporting infrastructure
- BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience with SQL development and relational databases (MS SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, Redshift)
- Familiarity with NoSQL document stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, or ElasticSearch
- Proficiency with predictive analytics, statistical modeling, data visualization and machine learning, or willingness to learn.
- Track record of full stack development data and service infrastructure, large-scale algorithms, and front end design.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, etc.
- Prior work with AWS big data computing/storage services such as Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, and Spark
- Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, SSIS)