VP, Customer Success
New York, NY
We lead the leaders. Ladder’s community of 10 mm leading professionals come to us to be inspired, grow in their careers, and get ahead in their professional lives. We focus on the $100K+ job market, representing 25% of all jobs and about 50% of income in the US & Canada. We build data-driven tools, marketplaces, news and entertainment products for our growing audience, and the companies, recruiters, and advertisers that want to reach them.
We work best with people who enjoy using their talents, commitment and hard work to achieve great successes for millions of real life users through products that impact their actual lives. We are deeply technology-driven -- about half the company are engineers, technical product people or product designers -- but we never build technology for technology’s sake. We’re always trying to connect our efforts to the good it can do it people’s lives.
We’re looking for a VP, Customer Success to develop and execute the customer relationship strategy to ensure every Ladders’ customer receives maximum value from the services they’re using.
Responsibilities of the VP, Customer Success:
- Partner with the CEO and your executive team peers to create successful customers through insight, support, advocacy, and celebration.
- Looking for someone who thinks about Customer Success Managers as Heroes & Trailblazers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JLLOuroVXo
- Own the customer success strategy, and help execute it for our 200,000 HR users and 10MM professional members
- Optimize the customer lifecycle management, including post-sales, for our job seeker members, with a focus on long-term customer success, satisfaction, product adoption, upsells and renewals, and matching our aggressive sales growth targets
- Strengthen account management processes, and reduce churn risk
- Own key metrics such as time to onboard, first response time, customer satisfaction, average handle time, and customer retention rate
- Serve as the internal voice/evangelist of the customer by providing ongoing feedback to the organization on how Ladders can better serve their customers
- Lead, manage, inspire and grow a team of customer service specialists
- Drive accountability through performance management and commitment to ensuring quality customer service and customer success with our products
- Collaborate with peer groups (sales, marketing, and product) and leadership to share best practices, problem solve and drive team performance
Qualification of the VP, Customer Success:
- A Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of direct management experience, preferably in account management or leading customer support operations
- Self-driven leader who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Confidence in hiring, leading, managing and building successful customer service teams
- Proven track record of success in making customers happy, satisfied, and successful
- Deep understanding of customer success metrics and how to measure them
We’ve been helping professionals, employers, and recruiters thrive since 2003 and are based on the 51st floor of New York’s largest office building, with gorgeous views of New York Harbor and World Trade Center.