New York, NY
Ladders is the leading $100K+ professional community. We focus on the careers, professional growth and office lifestyle of the top 25% of the workforce. With Ladders News, we provide the information and entertainment that our audience needs for lifelong career success, while Ladders Jobs is the largest source for $100K+ jobs in the US and Canada. Our mission is to “lead the leaders” -- our 10 million members represent the leading people in their companies, their communities, and their organizations.
We are looking for an experienced Controller to assist with the accounting and financial reporting processes.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
- Drive a timely monthly close process, consolidation process, quarterly reviews and annual audits based on US GAAP.
- Ensure the month close is completed accurately.
- Review monthly financial statements and manage and develop month-end accounting process and standards.
- Assist with analyzing processes and controls, and identification of deficiencies and assist with remediation efforts.
- Assist with the financial close by preparing account reconciliations, accruals, recording journal entries and maintaining accurate supporting documentation.
- Analyze period over period fluctuations and provide insightful commentary of key business drivers.
- Prepare and analyze financial data and internal reports; monitor progress and changes.
- Supportsbudget and forecasting activities.
- Monitor cash balances and overseeing cash forecasts.
- Work with the External Auditors over the completeness and accuracy of the company's financial records, according to US GAAP.
Qualifications of the Controller:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- 2years experience as a CPA
- Experience in US GAAP
- Thorough understanding of accounting methods, bookkeeping and reconciliations is a must
- Experience with month-end/year-end close process
- Knowledge in revenue recognition
- Proven execution of on-demand projects
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company
- The ideal candidate is a self-driven leader capable of taking full ownership of accounting and financial operations
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized, detail-oriented and mindful of deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive working hours, in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and project management skills, are essential
- Similar position in a fast growing start-up company a plus
- "Big Four" accounting firm auditexperience a plus