Social Media Strategist
Mars Reel is a fast growing Mobile Sports Network designed for 13 to 24 year old viewers that have shifted away from full length sports programming on traditional cable networks to short highlight videos with cool music delivered to their mobile devices. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Burbank, CA.
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
Mars Reel is looking for someone with a deep understanding of online distribution, social networking and love for sports. This position will focus on distributing high school basketball highlights across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This position will require using data to inform decisions. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things sports. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills. This job requires 2-3 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher, social media publisher or brand. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- 2+ years of experience working in a social media role for a company in the sports, news, or entertainment industry.
- Creative, expert copywriting skills.
- Passion for sports and social media.
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all social platforms.
- Understanding of social analytics, with experience accessing social listening tools for reporting needs.
- A strong track record of loyalty.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Graphic design, photography and/or video editing experience a plus.
Please include a short paragraph in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.