Social Media Strategist
Mars Reel is a fast growing Mobile Sports Network designed for 13 to 24 year old viewers that have shifted away from full length sports programming on traditional cable networks to short highlight videos with cool music delivered to their mobile devices. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Burbank, CA.
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIST
Mars Reel is looking for someone with a deep understanding of online distribution, social networking and love for sports. If that's you, we're depending on you to take our "distro" game to the next level. This position will focus on distributing high school basketball highlights across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vine through various partnerships.
This position will require making aggressive outbound inquiries and using data to inform decisions. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things sports. We're looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills. This job requires 2-3 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher, social media publisher or brand. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Build a network of sports-related distribution partners through which Mars Reel can distribute it's original video content.
- Plan/implement a distribution and publishing schedule among various partners/platforms and analyze data from resulting partnerships.
- Monitor social and publishing partners to ensure that agreements are being honored and appropriate credit and attribution is done properly.
- Reach out to athletes (and musicians) featured in our content to request shouts, re-tweets & re-grams
- Generate ideas for creative partnerships across Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest, and more
- 2-3 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
- Deep enthusiasm for sports, marketing, and social media
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can effect a videos performance
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
Please include a short paragraph in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.