Mars Reel is a fast growing Mobile Sports Network designed for 13 to 24 year old viewers that have shifted away from full length sports programming on traditional cable networks to short highlight videos with cool music delivered to their mobile devices. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Burbank, CA.
Mars Reel is seeking a talented Photography Editor. This professional will be able to coordinate with the editor and the team members to identify photography needs and ensure deadlines are met. Ultimately, you should be able to create photo content to compliment text in a creative way.
- Coordinate with the editor and the team members to identify photography needs.
- Assign projects to photographers and keep track of the deadlines.
- Review photos, edit and make necessary changes.
- Decide which images to publish.
- Manipulate photos to achieve highest quality using the appropriate tools.
- Liaise with editors, photographers and key personnel.
- Stay up to date with new image editing technologies.
- Proven work experience as a photo editor.
- Solid experience with digital technology and photo editing software packages (e.g. Photoshop, Pixlr and Affinity Photo).
- Strong photo editing skills and excellent portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of computer imaging, photographic techniques, studio management and color composition.
- Creative mind with an eye for detail and storytelling skills.
- Time-management and leadership skills.
- BSc degree in photography, visual arts, digital media or related field.
Please include a short paragraph in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.