Mars Reel is a fast growing Mobile Sports Network designed for 13 to 24 year old viewers that have shifted away from full length sports programming on traditional cable networks to short highlight videos with cool music delivered to their mobile devices. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Burbank, CA.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Mars Reel is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card bills
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College courses in accounting preferred
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform mathematical computations (percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) quickly and accurately
- Experience tracking budget expenses
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience managing vendor relationships
When you submit your application:
Please explain what relevant work experience you have and why you would be the best person to fill this role.