Mars Reel is a fast growing Mobile Sports Network designed for 13 to 24 year old viewers that have shifted away from full length sports programming on traditional cable networks to short highlight videos with cool music delivered to their mobile devices. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Burbank, CA.
As a Video Editor for Mars Reel, you'll become part of a fast-growing sports media team dedicated to creating the ''coolest'' highlight videos on the internet. At Mars Reel we're all about news, cool music, and sports! We're looking to add some fresh talent to our team, so if you're a video editor with some serious skills, who understands and can uphold the Mars Reel aesthetic, we want you to apply. This role creates custom highlight reels with custom music for the following platforms: Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vine, and Facebook. Video editors report to the Head of Operations and will be expected to work in a highly-collaborative team environment.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience video editing with an industry software (Vegas, Premiere, Final Cut)
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
- Deep enthusiasm for sports, music, and social media
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
All applicants are required to submit a sample highlight reel to be considered for candidacy. Please be prepared to create a sample "Mars Reel" with footage and music that will be provided to you.