Mars Reel is a fast growing Mobile Sports Network designed for 13 to 24 year old viewers that have shifted away from full length sports programming on traditional cable networks to short highlight videos with cool music delivered to their mobile devices. The company was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Burbank, CA.
Mars Reel is seeking a Content Manager to help build a relationship with our global audience and play a key role in the end-to-end process of content creation, ideation, planning and distribution. This role works closely with the Video, Operations, and Distribution teams and reports to the management team to orchestrate the creation of compelling editorial and video content. As a Content Manager you will be a key player in influencing the acquisition and engagement of our audience, as well as align and elevate our overall brand awareness. This position will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of platforms and categories and will be responsible for driving engagement and retention for our social channels.
- Oversee editorial calendar, content creation and planning.
- Come up with video concepts
- Develop and manage strategies to create awareness of Mars Reel brand.
- Work with all teams to drive business KPIs.
- Align the voice of the Mars Reel brand across all social channels.
- Analyze all marketing efforts; specifically channel publishing effectiveness
- Own and manage the day-to-day execution of publishing content and sourcing concepts
- Ensuring daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal calendars are up to date.
- Provide feedback in brainstorms.
- Collect and analyze data to provide solutions for optimizing content.
- Create, plan and execute effective co-marketing initiatives to help drive audience building
- Enforce production schedule & deadlines
- Experience in content ideation, commissioning, and production
- Experience with video production and/or project management
- Social media and viral marketing experience strongly desired
- Strong, persuasive communicator (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Deep understanding and experience with creating engaging content
- Absolute passion for social media
- Analytical skills; knowledge of social media monitoring and tracking tools
- Manage multiple projects on time and within budget
- Confidentiality/dependability/mature judgment
- Ability to network with professionals peers
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Flexibility in schedule
Please include a short paragraph in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position.