The Messina Group is looking for a Digital Strategist. This position reports to the Digital Director, will work closely with the entire Digital Team and involves the execution of digital services for an array of clients, from nonprofits to corporations to issue advocacy organizations. Ideal candidates have experience in digital strategy as well as analytical, communication and writing skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced and high-stress environment, and the ability to meet tight deadlines with supervision.
Founded by Obama for America 2012 campaign manager Jim Messina and led by seasoned strategists, The Messina Group is a full-service consulting firm that works with organizations in the private, public, and social sectors to achieve their strategic goals and build movements and products that succeed by being data-driven, digitally savvy, and grassroots focused.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and run online ads across various different programmatic platforms (Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.);
- Use data to optimize all paid and owned digital media; measure, analyze, and report on campaign and website performance to uncover actionable insights that will increase efficiency and performance of digital marketing efforts on behalf of our clients;
- Write copy content for organic social channels, ad campaigns, websites and general brand awareness projects;
- Creative development: Initiate and work both internally and externally with designers and developers to produce online ad collateral, social media and website assets;
- Identify online influencers and execute appropriate engagement strategies on behalf of clients/brands;
- Work proactively with the Analytics Director to traffic audiences and execute data requests;
- Stay current with industry best practices and technologies.
- Experience implementing digital campaigns on the following platforms: Google Ads, Display, YouTube advertising, Google Analytics, Twitter Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Business Manager;
- 3+ years experience developing and executing digital strategies;
- Willingness and ability to work with clients across a variety of sectors including technology, consumer, political, and legal marketing;
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Workspace (Google Docs, Sheets & Slides) and Keynote;
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools. (e.g., Google Analytics).
Preferred skill sets (but not required):
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite products, including Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Experience using CRM platforms (like Phone2Action, ActionKit, MailChimp, etc);
- Familiarity with social listening techniques and platforms.
We know that not every candidate who could be a great fit for this position will have experience in every skill or responsibility listed here, and that’s okay! We’ll train you up on everything else—which is why it’s important to us that you be a quick learner and a hard worker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. Traits we look for include:
- Creative and detail-oriented thinker who can generate innovative ideas and problem solve collaboratively ;
- Excellent written communication, copy editing and research skills;
- Self-starter who thrives in rapid-response scenarios;
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively;
- Outstanding organizational abilities;
- Strong operational and process orientation.
Note: The Messina Group is currently operating all-remote during the pandemic. When we return to in-office work, we'd love for this position to work in one of our offices (DC, San Francisco, Denver) however, this is not a deal-breaker and remote work will also be considered.
This application closes on February 14, 2021 at 11:59pm ET. Any questions about the position can be directed to Kate Thomas at email@example.com
The Messina Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran or military status. This policy also applies to recruiting, interviewing, hiring and firing, internal promotions, training opportunities, selection of vendors and consultants, provision of services, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
TMG is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, subcontractors, and vendors and we strive to be the change we want to see in the workplace. Our mission is to empower everyone at the organization to flourish. We value the array of lived experiences and inherent differences that make us unique and we work to ensure that everyone is equitably treated and feels a sense of belonging.